Are you a lifelong android user but want to try some cool iPhone apps without breaking the bank on a new iPhone? Or are you a lifelong iPhone user who moved to android recently and missing your iPhone apps/games? Or you just have an old android phone lying in your house and you want to experiment with it. Now, there is a way you can use iPhone apps on your android device. It is possible to use an emulator such as Cider APK also known as Cycada APK and install some iPhone apps on your android device. In this guide, we’ll show tell you all you need to know about installing Cider APK. If you are only interested in installation process, skip to ‘Steps for installation’ section directly. Without much ado, let’s dive in.
What is Cider/Cycada APK?
Cider aka Cycada APK is an open source Android app that emulates iOS environment on your android phone. It was initially developed as an experiment but since then it has gained popularity and is now used widely.
Downloading Cider APK for your Phone
Cider app was first introduced for Android Froyo devices. However, it is no longer available on the Play Store. The next best stop for any apks is looking for the app on apkmirror.com. Installing Cider APK is very simple and similar to installing other APKs. However, this app is not available on apkmirror as well. Even though the app cannot be downloaded officially, it is still be installed. To save you the hassle of spending time searching for it.
How to Install Cider APK on your Phone
- Download the apk for the app from here on your phone.
- Before installing the apk, make sure your device has permissions to allow installation from external sources. You can turn on this feature by going to settings -> security -> Unknown sources. Use the screenshots given below as a guide:
- Once you have downloaded the apk on your android device, tap on it to install.
- Your device will do the rest of the job for you. Once the installation is finished click on Done.
How to Use Cider APK
- Once you are done installing the cider app, the cider icon should show in your app drawer. This means that you have successfully installed the app.
- However, if it doesn’t show up, it could mean two things. Either something went wrong with the installation or your device is not compatible with the app. To check if it is the first case, troubleshoot by clearing cache and temporary files using a cleaner app.
- You can also try clearing the cache partition and that should solve any problem. However, if even after all these steps, the cider app is not showing up, it’s time to move on and use Android for android apps.
Features/Requirements of Cider APK
Cider APK is widely being adopted and used to install games that are exclusively available for iOS on your relatively inexpensive android devices. A major advantage of this app is that is completely free. It provides good support for iOS features on your android phone and can be used with android 2.3 or above. The graphical user interface that comes with the app is as good as the real iOS device. You’ll need more than 512 MB of RAM and 100 MB space to be able to use this app. In addition to this, you will need 2-4 GB of storage depending on which apps or games you choose to install on your device.
Word of Caution
Cider APK does come with some issues of its own. To start with, it does not have support for all android devices. Next, if you want to use apps that make use of some sensors or GPS, they will have trouble operating. Another point to note when using Cider APK is that this app is still in its infancy which means that it is not completely secure to use. You can use antivirus software such as AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee for your android device and that should help with this issue. Consider all the above points before deciding to install the app. If you have decided you want to try this app, keep reading ahead.
If Cider app doesn’t work with your android device, don’t lose heart. Play store contains a large number of apps and games that are similar to the ones found on iOS. New apps are added everyday and majority of these are available free of cost. If you have moved from iPhone to an android phone and do not like the user interface, you can try installing an iOS launcher to get the feel of an iPhone. Also, android is a very cool platform. Explore it more and you’ll be surprised to see what it has to offer.